Naturally, regular medical checks of the condition of the reproductive system are crucial for men’s health. Unfortunately, the current medical paradigm postulates that diverse types of disorders that affect the urinary system and/or sexual functions are mostly age-dependent and should be considered rather common than exceptional. In other words, most men are likely to experience some type of such troubles at certain phases of their lives. There are no issues for special concern; however, it is recommended to undergo medical observations twice a year even if you have no notable symptoms in order to prevent potentially dangerous conditions.
As for the main reasons why men should visit a professional andrologist, they are the following:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). The symptoms of BPH may include frequent urination, weak urination, uncomfortable feeling of fullness in the bladder, etc.
- The signs of this illness include painful/burning/difficult urination, pain in the back, frequent urination, etc.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED), which is defined as the inability to perform sexual ED may be induced by the inability to maintain an erection for a necessary period of time, inability to penetrate, or complete absence of erectile response.
- Diverse infections of the urinary tract (UTI). Uncomfortable or quite painful urination, changed color of the urine, blood in the urine, itching, and rash – all these symptoms may indicate microbial infection. Of course, such a disease demands especially rapid reaction in order not only to minimize the impact of the negative factors, which suppress sexual functions, and restore the normal functions of the urinary system but also to stop the harmful infection from spreading.
- This condition may be a result of various factors. Most common ones include poor sperm motility, traumas, genetic defects, etc.
- Prostate cancer. The early phases of development of this severe life-threatening disease may also cause symptoms characteristic for ED, which obviously requires the help of a professional andrologist.